Services – BREEAM
BREEAM (BRE Environmental Assessment Method) is the leading and most widely used environmental assessment method for buildings. It sets the standard for best practice in sustainable design and is a measure of a building’s environmental performance.
BREEAM provides clients, developers, designers and others with: –
- market recognition for low environmental impact buildings
- assurance that best environmental practice is incorporated into a building
- inspiration to find innovative solutions that minimise the environmental impact
- a benchmark that is higher than regulation
- a tool to help reduce running costs, improve working and living environments
- a standard that demonstrates progress towards corporate and organizational environmental objectives
BREEAM addresses wide-ranging environmental and sustainability issues and enables developers and designers to prove the environmental credentials of their buildings to planners and clients. It:
- uses a straightforward scoring system that is transparent, easy to understand and supported by evidence-based research
- has a positive influence on the design, construction and management of buildings
- sets and maintains a robust technical standard with rigorous quality assurance and certification.
BREEAM rewards performance above regulation which delivers environmental, higher comfort or health benefits. BREEAM awards points or ‘credits’ and groups the environmental impacts into the sections noted below:
- Energy, Management, Health and Wellbeing, Transport, Water, Materials, Waste, Land Use, Pollution, and Ecology.
Once the overall score for the building is known this is translated into a rating on a scale of:
– Pass – Good – Very Good – Excellent – Outstanding
A star rating from 1 to 5 stars is also provided: